We have now both finished another addictive PCT read. Day by day on the Pacific Crest Trail by Simon Willis.
Things that made me thing OH!
- How many boxes did they have?
- What, they freeze dried all their own vegetarian food!
- They didn’t use a bear canister, just a kevlar bag and YES a bear did destroy the bag!
- Start early then breakfast
- Eat dinner early then walk on and camp to avoid bear
- A pile of stones gathered at the tent door for pelting bears!!!
- He took a took 3 weeks off and still finished!
- Camp high and avoid the mosquitos
- Most Englishmen hate Trail names?!?
- Towns will ‘fish you in’ to luxury e.g. beds and water!!!
- BBC journalists seem to have lots of contacts
- He used a gadget for blogging before blogging existed or mobile devices existed which sent beeps down a regular phone line to report?!!?
- Brits used a Tarptent!
- Smartwoold socks are the future
- It is the unwritten laws of the universe that the women makes up the tent (seeks shelter from mosquitos) and man fetches the water and gets eaten alive by mosquitos, phew